We receive, collect and store some information when visiting our website, sent to and from the browser and device you use. This can be data information like the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, operating system, connection information, time and date, number of visits and the pages visited by a user.
We may use software tools to measure and collect this session information, including page response times, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information, and methods used to browse away from the page.
We do not collect personally identifiable information (such as name, email, password, communications) unless it is actively provided to us by the visitor through the customer support portal form, or by using the signup form and for newsletters from NAVTOR.
For website analysis purposes, we use Google Analytics functions. This allows us to build knowledge about the visitor’s behaviour on our site. Data gathered through Google Analytics are aggregated and not personally identifiable.
Why and how we collect data on our website:
Non-personal information is collected when navigating this website as a visitor:
- To display the website correctly and provide a fully functional user experience.
- To extract performance statistics for this website. We collect statistical information by using Google Analytics. The statistics are gathered through aggregated and Non-personal Information and used to improve layout, functionality, and navigation for this website. For privacy protection reasons, our Google Analytics functionality has enabled IP Anonymisation of all visitors.
- To evaluate the effectiveness and relevance of ad-words and advertisements placed on external websites. Being able to register what domains and links led a visitor to our page, is an important tool for us to use ad-words in a better way in the correct places.
We collect Personal Information for the following purposes:
- To serve our users directly with customer assistance and technical support, we collect personal data through our contact forms and direct digital communication. Our trusted provider of customer service systems enables safe processing of your user data when you reach out to us through Customer service or technical support portals. Our CMS system provider adheres to both GDPR regulations and uses several international data centre locations, such as servers in the US.
- To gather e-mail addresses and name input through our Newsletter signup form on various pages on our website. This is used to deliver our newsletters with general service-related and promotional messages about NAVTOR products. Newsletters can always be easily unsubscribed by a link inside any received newsletter. E-mail lists for newsletters are kept by a trusted partner service provider on the behalf of NAVTOR.
- As a part of the established customer contact, to provide the products and services expected by our customers or distributor network. To enable access to password-protected areas in our website, we store a login e-mail address for each distributor. The address and any other information will be deleted when we are notified that the account is no longer in use, or as part of annual updates of our distributor network contacts.
We may contact visitors about your experience with our products and services, and offer assistance from our customer and sales team, as a part of a active interest in NAVTOR’s products, services and website content as described in Article 6, (1)1-b in European General Data Protection Regulations “GDPR”.
We may also send customer e-mail surveys on rare occasions.
We take precautions to protect your personal data. When our customer support is presented with personal detail input from our website ticket system, that communication is safely encrypted with SSL, Secure Socket Layer, which allows for authentication, encryption and decryption of data sent to us. The trusted provider for our CMS systems adheres to GDPR regulations in their handling of data on the behalf of NAVTOR. Our Newsletter and mailing lists and information is kept by a trusted service provider, using industry-standard TLS-security. For more details about our CMS and communication partners, contact us through www.navtor.com/contact
If you want to enquire more about how we process your data, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will assist you with further guidance for information stored about you in our systems.