Navigation Safety Auditor - NAVTOR India
Navtor India's core team consists of ex-mariners, Software Developers, and Data Scientists. We pack a team rich in experience that worked for major ship-owning and ship-managing companies in senior roles.
We combine this experience from Technical Ship Management, Commercial Management and IT and operations to come out with innovative and simple solutions that serve the needs of our clients.
We aim to use digital transformation to change our clients' business landscape by bringing in transparency, efficiency, and savings. Through our compliance products, we aim to create simple and intuitive tools to help preserve our environment for generations to come.
As we continue our growth story, we are currently recruiting for key roles in the India and Global offices. These are important roles for the Digital Logs, Performance Monitoring and E-VDR Analysis products.
We are now looking for a Navigation Safety Auditor to join our team in Mumbai;
Job Roles and Responsibilities
• Performing Navigation audits using VDR data under the guidance of a Senior Auditor (Mentor).
• He/she should have Familiarity and understanding of how the in-house Audit reporting portal is used for completing Audits.
• Responsible for checking VDR Data received, checking the extracted Data, and confirming that the document received related to Audits, is adequate.
• Responsible for VDR data extraction and uploading the same to the in-house portal.
• Liaising with clients to collect data related to Audits.
• Maintain contacts with vessels to be Audited and initiate Audits per their Geographical location.
• Responsible for finding and recording non-conformances during Audits. Creating reports and trends as instructed by Mentor.
• Formulation of Audit transcript & client-specific reports.
• Review Documents for Audits and fill VDR checklist as per requirement.
• Assist with Safety Bulletins and Navigation Campaigns.
• He/ She should have hands-on with the usage of ADP.
• Prepare passage plans using ECDIS.
• Masters (FG) License holder
• At least three years experience in a Management role on-board.
• Previous shore experience (in similar functions) preferred.
• Minimum 4 years Sea-time on Merchant vessels (Tankers/ Bulkers/ Containers etc.).
• Thorough knowledge of ECDIS and its usage.
• Preference for candidates with auditor certificates.
• Growth mindset and willingness to learn and be coached
• Strong communication skills, well-organized and attention to detail are a must.
• Willingness to work on shore for the long term.
We can offer
• Good colleagues and a friendly work environment
• Competitive benefits
• Innovative tasks and development
• Development possibilities
Location: Mumbai, Navtor India Office
Application deadline: Asap
Please apply by sending your CV and resume to email@example.com.
About the Company
NAVTOR is a leading force within maritime technology, providing innovative e-Navigation and performance solutions and digital logs solutions for the maritime sector. Through the application of cutting-edge digital technology, NAVTOR's team makes life easier for navigators while enhancing safety, transparency and efficiency for shipowners, ship managers and operators. In 2012 NAVTOR released the world's first type approved Pay As You Sail ENC service, followed in 2014 with the launch of NavStation, the world's first digital chart table. Headquartered in Egersund, Norway, NAVTOR has grown quickly and established a network of subsidiaries and distributors worldwide, spanning Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Germany, Poland, India, Singapore, Japan, the United States, and the United Kingdom.